Monday, July 19, 2010

White Water Rafting

Glenna and Morris arranged for all of us to go white water rafting on the Snake River at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Here's a tour guide, Mike - from Scotsdale- teaching us about the beautiful canyon we were in. Glenna was sitting front and center of the raft. Kevin is sitting on the side of the pontoon.
Kevin, Morris, Ashley and me. I was so scared. The water was really COLD. I really didn't want to get flung out of the raft. There was NOTHING to hang on to. I told Morris that if I went flying, I was taking him with me.
Here's Michelle, interested in what the tour guide was telling us.

Right about now you begin to hold your breath and hope that those rowing will steer this into the right part of the rapids. I would say "hang on", but what would you hang on to?

Glenna and Nathan got drenched!
Are you having fun yet? YES! It was a blast!
Here's a raft in a calmer area for a few minutes.
Afterwards, these drowned rats went to Bubba's to eat. I put on Kevin's sweatshirt to get warm.

1 comment:

Sandi and Curtis said...

How long was the rafting trip? I think it would be exilerating! and Cold!